“I have fought the good fight, I have finished the course, I have kept the faith” (2 Timothy 4:7).
WE ALL WANT TO FINISH WELL. We want to be pleasing to God and hear “Well done, good and faithful steward.” This desire to finish well is why we have leaders, teams, and organizations and why we seek to accomplish a greater good for others by extending God’s kingdom.
The following are nine keys to finishing well. It is not easy, yet it can be attained if one is intentional.
1. A white-hot passion and a growing, intimate relationship with the Lord – includes Christ as life, spiritual disciplines, ministry to God, worship, and praise.
2. A humble spirit – know your strengths and weaknesses.
3. Healthy relationships with spouse and family – resolving conflict, expressing emotions, showing care.
4. Be a part of a community with humble, broken believers – it could be church; it could be beyond.
5. A simple lifestyle – be debt free, not entangled or in slavery to money, practice contentment, practice enjoyment.
6. A clear sense of purpose and calling – keep priorities, maintain margin.
7. Engaged in a ministry of discipleship and evangelism.
8. Continue to be a learner – read, learn new things, engage your mind and heart.
9. Keep focused on God’s kingdom – God at work, spiritual battles, the Second Coming, eternal versus temporal, biblical perspective of life.
“Beginning well is a momentary thing; finishing well is a lifelong thing.” — Ravi Zacharias (1946-2020)
“Finishing well brings more glory to God than beginning well.” — Woodrow Kroll
Leadership Revolution is a ministry founded to develop leaders globally who will spread the gospel and make disciples in their arena of influence. We offer a totally unique and transformational approach to leadership beginning and ending with Christ as our Leader. It is a revolutionary process yielding supernatural results. As a 501(c)3 Non-Profit, we rely on donor gifts to fund our work. We do not receive revenue from our strategic partners or the resources that we use.
Purchase the Entire Devotional – “Experiencing Christ as Life and Leader”
The devotion above was taken from the 52-week Devotional entitled “Experiencing Christ as Life and Leader”.
Many give a mental assent to this teaching yet are often asking, “What do I do? What does Christ as life look like?“ Too often Christians err by moving too far to one side or the other—reducing the Christian life to a list of do’s and don’ts, or they actually do nothing.
These inspiring weekly devotions are just some of the actions that reflect the life of Christ in each of us, and they explore four areas as we follow the One Leader, Jesus Christ –
- A Foundational Focus
- A Personal Focus
- A Relational Focus
- A Missional Focus
Be challenged, encouraged, and spurred on to a deeper walk with Christ.
Purchase Your Copy in our online store
Purchase Your Copy on Amazon