“For by these He has granted to us His precious and magnificent promises, so that by them you may become partakers of the divine nature” (2 Peter 1:4).
GOD HAS OUR VERY BEST interests at heart, and He includes many promises to us in the Scriptures in order to encourage us. These promises serve as a magnet to draw us to Him as well as a hope to lift our spirits to pursue in spite of our circumstances. “Not one of the good promises which the LORD had made to the house of Israel failed; all came to pass” (Joshua 21:45).
- God watches over us in the difficulties – Deuteronomy 32:10-11
- God is a refuge and a stronghold in times of trouble – Psalm 9:9-10
- God is a safe place and will help us when we need it – Psalm 46:1-3
- God heals up the brokenhearted – Psalm 147:3
- God will uphold as we wait upon the Lord; in the midst of our struggles, God’s love and compassion are new and never fail – Isaiah 41:10
- We are united with Him in death and in His life – Romans 6:5
- Affliction today is momentary and light in comparison to the glory we will receive – Romans 8:18
- God works all things for good according to His riches – Romans 8:28
- God will make a way through the valley, a way of escape in temptation – 1 Corinthians 10:13
- God comforts us out of His character – 2 Corinthians 1:3-7
- God renews us daily in our difficulties; we receive have an eternal weight of glory – 2 Corinthians 4:16-18
- We can do all things through Christ who strengthens us – Philippians 4:13
- Cast all your cares upon Him because He cares for you – 1 Peter 5:7
This is a part of the wealth God has given you. You must receive and take hold of what you have.
“The permanence of God’s character guarantees the fulfillment of His promises.” — A. W. Pink
Purchase the Entire Devotional – “Experiencing Christ as Life and Leader”
The devotion above was taken from the 52-week Devotional entitled “Experiencing Christ as Life and Leader”.
Many give a mental assent to this teaching yet are often asking, “What do I do? What does Christ as life look like?“ Too often Christians err by moving too far to one side or the other—reducing the Christian life to a list of do’s and don’ts, or they actually do nothing.
These inspiring weekly devotions are just some of the actions that reflect the life of Christ in each of us, and they explore four areas as we follow the One Leader, Jesus Christ –
- A Foundational Focus
- A Personal Focus
- A Relational Focus
- A Missional Focus
Be challenged, encouraged, and spurred on to a deeper walk with Christ.
Purchase Your Copy in our online store
Purchase Your Copy on Amazon